Pineapple Do Nothing Cake
2 cself- rising flour
2large eggs, slightly beaten
1 can(s)crushed pineapple (20 oz)
1 Tbspvanilla extract
WARM COCONUT PECAN ICING
1 can(s)evaporated milk
1 1/2 cshredded coconut
1 cchopped pecans
How to Make Pineapple Do Nothing Cake
- For the Pineapple Cake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking oil.
- Mix the flour and the sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs, vanilla and the can of undrained crushed pineapple and mix until well blended with electric mixer on medium speed.
- Pour the pineapple mixture into the prepared 9 x 13 pan and bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes until the cake is lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean. Be very careful not to overbake.
- For the icing, add butter, sugar and evaporated milk together in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a slow boil over medium heat, stirring CONSTANTLY. Once mixture begins to boil, cook until mixture thickens ( about 7 to 10 minutes). When thickened, remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 ½ cups coconut and 1 cup chopped pecans. Pour out onto warm cake and spread over the top.
- Enjoy! This is wonderful either served while still warm or cooled.