Pineapple Cupcakes with Cherry Frosting
1 boxyellow cake mix
1 1/4 cpineapple juice
·eggs and oil according to box directions
1 can(s)pineapple, crushed or bits
1 pkgcream cheese (8 oz), softened
1/2 cbutter, softened
2 cpowdered sugar
1 jar(s)maraschino cherries
How to Make Pineapple Cupcakes with Cherry Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease cupcake pans or set out cupcake papers.
- Mix cake batter according to box directions, substituting the pineapple juice for the water. Stir until smooth.
- Fill cups 1/2 full. I like to use a smaller ice cream scoop for consistency. Using a teaspoon or smaller measuring spoon, center a scoop of pineapple on top of the batter. Pineapples will sink to the center while baking.
- Bake for approx. 18 minutes, until lightly golden on top.
- To make frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese. Slowly add powdered sugar until you get the desired consistency.
- A little at a time, mix in juice from maraschino cherries until bright pink color and a good cherry flavor are achieved. You will probably have to add more powdered sugar to maintain desired consistency.
- After cupcakes are cooled, frost or pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Cut the cherries in half and place on top for an accent.