Pineapple Cupcakes with Cherry Frosting
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix
- 1 1/4 c
- pineapple juice
- eggs and oil according to box directions
- 1 can(s)
- pineapple, crushed or bits
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese (8 oz), softened
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 2 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 jar(s)
- maraschino cherries
How to Make Pineapple Cupcakes with Cherry Frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease cupcake pans or set out cupcake papers.
- 2Mix cake batter according to box directions, substituting the pineapple juice for the water. Stir until smooth.
- 3Fill cups 1/2 full. I like to use a smaller ice cream scoop for consistency. Using a teaspoon or smaller measuring spoon, center a scoop of pineapple on top of the batter. Pineapples will sink to the center while baking.
- 4Bake for approx. 18 minutes, until lightly golden on top.
- 5To make frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese. Slowly add powdered sugar until you get the desired consistency.
- 6A little at a time, mix in juice from maraschino cherries until bright pink color and a good cherry flavor are achieved. You will probably have to add more powdered sugar to maintain desired consistency.
- 7After cupcakes are cooled, frost or pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Cut the cherries in half and place on top for an accent.