Pineapple Coconut Upside Down Cake
- 1 c
- softened butter, divided (2 sticks)
- 1 c
- light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- ground ginger
- 1 can(s)
- 20 oz. pineapple slices, drained with 1 cup pineapple juice reserved
- maraschino cherries (or to taste)
- 18.25 oz. box yellow cake mix (any brand)
- 1/2 - 3/4 c
- shredded coconut
How to Make Pineapple Coconut Upside Down Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Wrap a double layer of aluminum foil inside and over the lip of a 10-inch springform pan.
- 2Place 1/2 cup butter in pan. Heat in oven for 2 minutes, remove. Stir in sugar and ginger until incorporated. Arrange pineapple slices in pan. Place a cherry in center of each and around open spaces on cake.
- 3Beat cake mix, 1/2 cup butter, eggs and reserved pineapple juice on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in coconut, (I used a little more than 1/2 cup).
- 4Spoon batter into pan; place pan on baking sheet. Bake for 55 - 65 minutes or intil a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Loosen springform and invert cake onto a serving platter.