Pineapple Coconut Angel Food Cupcakes
I like the pineapple and coconut flavors combined in these cupcakes.
This is great as a full cake too and try to add pie fillings instead of the pineapple ...I really like the cherry.
Keep left over cupcakes/cake in the refrigerator (thats if there is any left over).
- 1 box
- angel food cake mix
- 20 oz
- can of crushed pineapple in heavy syrup
- 8 oz
- low fat or fat free whipped cream
- 1/4 c
- crushed pineapple , drained
- 1/4 c
- coconut , toasted
COCONUT CREAM FROSTING
How to Make Pineapple Coconut Angel Food Cupcakes
- 1Directions for cupcakes :
- 2Preheat oven to 375° , Place paper cupcake liners into cupcake pans.
- 3Combine the angel food cake mix ( the mix only) and crushed pineapple in syrup until mixed.
- 4Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 full. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cupcakes are golden brown. Cool completely before frosting.
- 5Directions for frosting :
- 6Combine the whipped cream , crushed pineapple and toasted coconut and stir to combine. Frost the cooled cupcakes with the frosting.