Pineapple Chiffon Cake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 pkggelatin, unflavored
1 1/4 cpineapple, crushed with juice
1 Tbsplemon juice
1/2 cwater, ice cold
1/2 cskim milk powder
How to Make Pineapple Chiffon Cake
- Mix together in top of double boiler gelatin, sugar and salt.
- Beat egg yolks slightly, stir in pineapple and syrup; add to gelatin mixture and cook over boiling water, stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved (about 8 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Chill to unbeaten egg white consistency.
- Beat ice water and milk powder together until stiff and mixture stands in peaks (10 minutes by hand); fold into gelatin mixture.
- Spoon 1/4 of mixture into 9 by 5 inch loaf pan; top with 2 or 3 cookies.
- Repeat twice and finish with a layer of the chiffon mixture.
- Chill until firm.