Pineapple Chiffon Cake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 pkg
- gelatin, unflavored
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/4 c
- pineapple, crushed with juice
- eggs, separated
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1/2 c
- water, ice cold
- 1/2 c
- skim milk powder
- chocolate cookies
How to Make Pineapple Chiffon Cake
- 1Mix together in top of double boiler gelatin, sugar and salt.
- 2Beat egg yolks slightly, stir in pineapple and syrup; add to gelatin mixture and cook over boiling water, stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved (about 8 minutes).
- 3Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- 4Chill to unbeaten egg white consistency.
- 5Beat ice water and milk powder together until stiff and mixture stands in peaks (10 minutes by hand); fold into gelatin mixture.
- 6Spoon 1/4 of mixture into 9 by 5 inch loaf pan; top with 2 or 3 cookies.
- 7Repeat twice and finish with a layer of the chiffon mixture.
- 8Chill until firm.