Pineapple/Cherry Dump Cake With a Twist
- 1 can(s)
- (26 oz) cherry pie filling
- 2 can(s)
- (15 oz) diced pineapple or tidbits in syrup
- 1 tsp
- almond or vanilla extract
- 1 box
- (18.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- 1 1/2 stick
- butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 pkg
- (1.9 oz) maple and brown sugar instant oatmeal
- 1/2 c
- sliced almonds or chopped pecans
- whipped topping for serving
How to Make Pineapple/Cherry Dump Cake With a Twist
- 1Spray your crockpot with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- 2In a large bowl, combine pie filling, pineapple, and almond extract. Pour into prepared slow cooker.
- 3Sprinkle cake mix over fruit mixture. Dot with butter.
- 4In a small bowl, combine oatmeal packet and almonds. Sprinkle over cake mixture.
- 5Place 8 paper towels over slow cooker bowl and secure with lid. (This helps to trap steam.) Cook on LOW setting for 4 to 6 hours. Do not lift lid to check cake for the first 3 hours.
- 6Serve warm with whipped topping.