Pineapple/Cherry Dump Cake With a Twist
1 can(s)(26 oz) cherry pie filling
2 can(s)(15 oz) diced pineapple or tidbits in syrup
1 tspalmond or vanilla extract
1 box(18.25 oz) yellow cake mix
1 1/2 stickbutter, cut into small pieces
1 pkg(1.9 oz) maple and brown sugar instant oatmeal
1/2 csliced almonds or chopped pecans
·whipped topping for serving
How to Make Pineapple/Cherry Dump Cake With a Twist
- Spray your crockpot with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine pie filling, pineapple, and almond extract. Pour into prepared slow cooker.
- Sprinkle cake mix over fruit mixture. Dot with butter.
- In a small bowl, combine oatmeal packet and almonds. Sprinkle over cake mixture.
- Place 8 paper towels over slow cooker bowl and secure with lid. (This helps to trap steam.) Cook on LOW setting for 4 to 6 hours. Do not lift lid to check cake for the first 3 hours.
- Serve warm with whipped topping.