- 2 [8-oz] pkgs-each cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 [20-oz] can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 [8 oz] cool whip, thawed
- *2 [3-oz] pkgs-each ladyfingers (about 48)
- **1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
How to Make Pineapple Cheesecake
- 1In large bowl, beat cream cheese & sugar 'til smooth. Stir in well-drained pineapple. Fold in whipped topping. Set aside.
- 2In greased 9-inch spring-form pan, place ladyfingers [vertically] around sides, edges touching one another. Then w/remaining ladyfingers, place [flat] onto bottom of spring-form pan, making sure bottom of pan is covered...you might need to cut a few into pieces in order to fill open spaces.
- 3Pour pineapple-cream cheese mixture over cookie crust; smooth mixture w/wide rubber spatula. Cover w/plastic wrap; refrigerate for 8 hours or more. When ready to serve, carefully remove sides of pan. If you wish, carefully remove cheesecake to a decorative serving platter. Top w/strawberries, cut, serve, & enjoy. [Keep stored/covered w/plastic wrap in fridge 'til serving time.]
- 4*OR MAKE KEEBLER SANDIES COOKIE CRUST:
20 crushed Keebler Sandies & 4-5 tablespoons melted butter; mix well, pat firmly on bottom of spring-form pan, and firmly up sides...almost to halfway. Place into freezer 'til pineapple/cheesecake mixture is ready. [You can use your favorite kind of 'Sandies', such as Pecan Sandies. We used to buy Almond Sandies, but cannot find them anymore, so not sure Keebler makes that variety. When we want the almond flavor in the crust, we toast a half cup sliced almonds, then coarsely chop w/chef's knife or "pulse-process" in food processor...ADD to crushed cookies, then add melted butter.]
- 5**FOR GARNISH [instead of fresh strawberries]:
Use any fresh berries you like [mandarin oranges work, too, just make sure juice is fully drained, and orange slices are somewhat 'dry']. We have raspberries on ours most of the time...just sprinkle them over each individual serving, or arrange them decoratively on top of the cheesecake before cutting/serving. Sometimes we make a raspberry glaze along w/fresh raspberries.