This is my favorite cake to make.
It isn't the prettiest but most definitely the tastiest!
How to Make Pineapple Cake
- 1Grease & Flour 3 round cake pans. Preheat oven to 350'
- 2Mix cake mix, pudding mix, oil, 4 whole eggs and 7-UP in a large mixing bowl until blended. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 3Pour evenly divided in prepared 3 cake pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- 4While cakes are baking; combine sugar, cornstarch, 2 egg yolks, margarine, & crushed pineapple with juice in a sauce pan. Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until thickened.(8-10 minutes)
- 5Cool cakes for 10 minutes in pans...remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- 6Cool the icing also until cool to touch.
- 7Spread icing between each layer of the cakes and on top...there is no need to try to cover the sides~