Don't let the long ingredient list scare you off. This goes together without a mixer in just a few minutes.
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 1/2 cgranulated sugar
1/2 cbrown sugar
2eggs, slightly beaten
1 can(s)crushed pineapple (20 oz), undrained
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1 cpecans, chopped
1 can(s)evaporated milk (small can - 5oz)
1 cgranulated sugar
1 stickbutter (8 t or 1/2 cup)
1 1/2 - 2 cshredded coconut
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make PINEAPPLE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk first four ingredients together (sugar, brown sugar, eggs and pineapple) in a large bowl. Add vanilla extract (1 tsp).
- Whisk together flour, soda and pecans. Add to wet ingredients and whisk until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour into greased 9" x 13" pan and bake in preheated oven 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, combine evaporated milk, 1 c granulated sugar and 1 stick butter in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil gently for 10 minutes. Add coconut.
- Pour hot mixture over hot cake as soon as cake comes out of oven.
This cake stays moist for several days (if it lasts that long).