1box yellow cake mix
1small box vanilla pudding mix
1can of crushed pineapple (drained) reserve the pineapple juice
1/2 ccrisco oil (not shortening)
1 Tbspvanilla extract
3/4 cgranulated sugar
How to Make Pineapple Cake
- In a large bowl, mix together pudding mix and yellow cake mix.
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture, add beaten eggs, and 1 cup of reserved pineapple juice. Beat well.
- Add Crisco oil and beat well. Then add vanilla and beat well.
- In a small saucepan, heat the pineapple, sugar and butter together, stirring occasionally on a medium low heat. Turn temperature down and keep it on low setting.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan and add cake mixture to pan and bake at 350 degrees until done. This is approximately 45 minutes depending on your oven. Check for doneness by inserting a knife or toothpick in the center.
- Allow the cake to cool and poke the cake at the top every 1/2 inch with a long fork. Spoon the pineapple mixture on the cake. Place the cake in the refrigerator to chill.