PINEAPPLE-BANANA PUDDING CAKE
I love the tropical taste of pineapple and bananas together.
- 1 box
- butter recipe cake mix
- all the ingredients called for on back of cake box
- 8 oz
- can of crushed pineapple
- 2 pkg
- instant banana pudding (the 3.4 oz. size)
- 2 1/4 c
- cold milk
- 1 c
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c
- sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 - 3 Tbsp
- milk, if needed
THE CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
How to Make PINEAPPLE-BANANA PUDDING CAKE
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the cake as directed on package. Stir in the crushed pineapple.
- 2Pour into a greased 9×13 pan.
Don't bake yet!!
- 3Beat dry pudding mixes, milk, and water with whisk until blended well. Pour pudding mixture over cake batter in pan. Don’t spread it. It will not work if you mix it together.
- 4Place cake pan on a baking sheet (to catch any over-flow). Bake 55 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 5While cake is in the oven, make the glaze.
Beat cream cheese and butter until very creamy. Beat in powdered sugar. Stir in vanilla. Slowly add milk, if needed, to make spreadable.
- 6Take cake out of oven when done and spread cream cheese glaze on top while the cake is hot.
Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.