PINEAPPLE-BANANA PUDDING CAKE
I love the tropical taste of pineapple and bananas together.
1 boxbutter recipe cake mix
·all the ingredients called for on back of cake box
8 ozcan of crushed pineapple
2 pkginstant banana pudding (the 3.4 oz. size)
2 1/4 ccold milk
THE CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
4 ozcream cheese, softened
2 Tbspunsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 csifted powdered sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
2 - 3 Tbspmilk, if needed
How to Make PINEAPPLE-BANANA PUDDING CAKE
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the cake as directed on package. Stir in the crushed pineapple.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 pan.
Don't bake yet!!
- Beat dry pudding mixes, milk, and water with whisk until blended well. Pour pudding mixture over cake batter in pan. Don’t spread it. It will not work if you mix it together.
- Place cake pan on a baking sheet (to catch any over-flow). Bake 55 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While cake is in the oven, make the glaze.
Beat cream cheese and butter until very creamy. Beat in powdered sugar. Stir in vanilla. Slowly add milk, if needed, to make spreadable.
- Take cake out of oven when done and spread cream cheese glaze on top while the cake is hot.
Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.