Pine-Apple Down Under Cake
- 3 c
- brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 box
- butter cake mix
- 1 can(s)
- eagle brand condensed milk
- 1 can(s)
- apple pie filling
- 2 can(s)
- (large) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 box
- small vanilla instant pudding
- 1 stick
- butter, melted
How to Make Pine-Apple Down Under Cake
- 1Spray 13x9 inch pan with pam or your choice of spray. Melt butter and pour in the bottom of the pan and allow it to spread over the entire area.
- 2Use 2 cups of the brown sugar and sprinkle atop the butter generously then equally use the two cans of crushed pineapple and spread atop the brown sugar. After that, use the apple pie filling and spread over the crushed pineapple, getting a spoon and chopping the apples into smaller pieces. The apples will mingle with the crushed pineapple and brown sugar, that's okay.
- 3Sprinkle last cup of brown sugar over the apple/pineapple mixture.
- 4Mix cake as told to on the box except add 1 box of instant vanilla pudding to the mixture. Pour atop the apple/pineapple mixture. It will look like you don't have much of a batter there but that's fine, just spread it out over the best you can, it will rise as you can see in the picture.
- 5Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees. Use a toothpick to make sure the cake is baked through. I had to leave it in about 5 to 10 minutes longer than the actual cake box said which ended up right at 40 minutes.
- 6Remove cake from oven and allow to cool completely. Afterwards, use a wooden spoon end or something with a small rounded area and poke holes in the cake then drizzle the eagle brand allowing it to fill the holes, spreading any that has flown out over the rest of the cake.
- 7This cake is absolutely delicious and very moist, it doesn't take a whole lot to hit that sweet tooth so make sure ya have a glass of milk on hand. :)