PINA COLADA CHEESE CUSTARD CAKE
- no stick cooking spray, divided
- 3/4 c
- caramel flavored ice cream topping, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp
- spiced rum
- 1 box
- moist deluxe supreme pineapple cake mix
- 1 1/3 c
- pineapple juice
- 1/3 c
- canola oil
- 6 large
- eggs, at room temperature, divided
- 1 pkg
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature, cut into cubes
- 1/2 c
- canned cream of coconut
- 1 can(s)
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c
- evaporated milk
- 1/4 c
- sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- canned pineapple chunks
- maraschino cherries, rinsed and drained
How to Make PINA COLADA CHEESE CUSTARD CAKE
- 1Heat oven to 350º F. Spray a 12-cup bundt pan thoroughly with no stick cooking spray.
- 2In a small bowl, place caramel topping. Stir in rum and pour topping mixture into prepared bundt pan
- 3Place cake mix, pineapple juice, canola oil and 3 eggs into large mixing bowl and blend with electric mixer until moistened. Beat with mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour cake batter into cake pan over caramel topping.
- 4To make the custard, place softened cream cheese cubes and cream of coconut into a food processor bowl fitted with a metal blade; process for about 1 minute. Add condensed and evaporated milks into a food processor bowl and process until smooth, pulsing at first so it doesn't splatter..
- 5Add remaining 3 eggs, one at a time, and and just process until smooth. Spoon cream cheese mixture over top of cake batter.
- 6Spray a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil with no stick cooking spray and cover the pan TIGHTLY with the foil - important! (or use non-stick foil)
- 7Place the covered bundt pan into a larger pan with at least 2-inch sides and place on oven rack. Pour very hot water (heated to just below boiling) around bundt pan about half way up the bundt pan for a bain marie.
- 8Bake in 350º oven for 1 1/2 hours. Remove bundt cake from pan of water and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and invert cake onto a large platter. Cool completely at room temperature.
- 9To garnish, sprinkle toasted coconut over top of . cake. Decorate with pineapple chunks and maraschino cherries, alternating them around top of cake. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.