PINA COLADA CHEESE CUSTARD CAKE
·no stick cooking spray, divided
3/4 ccaramel flavored ice cream topping, at room temperature
1 Tbspspiced rum
1 boxmoist deluxe supreme pineapple cake mix
1 1/3 cpineapple juice
1/3 ccanola oil
6 largeeggs, at room temperature, divided
1 pkg8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature, cut into cubes
1/2 ccanned cream of coconut
1 can(s)14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cevaporated milk
1/4 csweetened flaked coconut, toasted
8canned pineapple chunks
8maraschino cherries, rinsed and drained
How to Make PINA COLADA CHEESE CUSTARD CAKE
- Heat oven to 350º F. Spray a 12-cup bundt pan thoroughly with no stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, place caramel topping. Stir in rum and pour topping mixture into prepared bundt pan
- Place cake mix, pineapple juice, canola oil and 3 eggs into large mixing bowl and blend with electric mixer until moistened. Beat with mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour cake batter into cake pan over caramel topping.
- To make the custard, place softened cream cheese cubes and cream of coconut into a food processor bowl fitted with a metal blade; process for about 1 minute. Add condensed and evaporated milks into a food processor bowl and process until smooth, pulsing at first so it doesn't splatter..
- Add remaining 3 eggs, one at a time, and and just process until smooth. Spoon cream cheese mixture over top of cake batter.
- Spray a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil with no stick cooking spray and cover the pan TIGHTLY with the foil - important! (or use non-stick foil)
- Place the covered bundt pan into a larger pan with at least 2-inch sides and place on oven rack. Pour very hot water (heated to just below boiling) around bundt pan about half way up the bundt pan for a bain marie.
- Bake in 350º oven for 1 1/2 hours. Remove bundt cake from pan of water and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and invert cake onto a large platter. Cool completely at room temperature.
- To garnish, sprinkle toasted coconut over top of . cake. Decorate with pineapple chunks and maraschino cherries, alternating them around top of cake. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.