★★★★★ 1 vote5
3/4 cpresto flour
How to Make Phyllis' Almond Sponge Cake (Good Housekeeping)
- Place rack in lowest position in oven. Preheat at 350 degrees.
- Separate 6 eggs. Beat whites until soft peaks form, add 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 tbs at a time. Beat till stiff. DON'T SCRAPE BOWL SIDES WHILE BEATING.
- In another bowl, beat 6 yolks and 1 whole egg till thick and lemon colored, add extract and beat in 1/2 cup of sugar, salt and flour.
- Carefully fold yellows into stiff whites. Pour into ungreased 10 inch tube pan and bake 1 hour or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Invert cake in pan to cool for 15 minutes. Let cool 1/2 hour more before cutting.