Perfect Italian Cream Cake
1box white cake mix w/pudding
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/4 cbuttermilk
3 1/2 ozshredded coconut
2/3 cchopped pecans, toasted
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
16 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1 cbutter, room temperature
32 ozconfectioners' sugar
2 1/2 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Perfect Italian Cream Cake
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 3 9" pans, or you may use 8" pans for a taller cake, if you prefer.
- Combine first 5 ingredients and mix at medium speed for approximately 2 minutes.
- Stir in coconut and pecans. Pour into prepared pans. If using 9" pans, batter will be spread fairly thin. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until cakes test done. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- For frosting, combine cream cheese and butter and mix until well blended.
- Gradually add confectioners sugar as you mix. Mix until fluffy frosting consistency. Add vanilla and blend well.
- Frost between layers, sides, and top of cake. Garnish with toasted pecan halves, if desired.