(Peppermint) Ice Cream Cake Roll
I am suggesting for the Holiday's to use Peppermint Ice cream, and drizzle each slice with either Hot fudge topping or White Chocolate topping, a dollop of whipped cream..with a few sprinkles of crushed candy cane to top it off. Yum! Yum!
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 c
- pkg. devil's food cake mix
- quarts peppermint ice cream (8 cups)
- jar of hot fudge topping or white chocolate topping
- crushed peppermint candy
- whipped cream or ready made whip cream
How to Make (Peppermint) Ice Cream Cake Roll
- 1heat oven to 350. Grease two 15 X 10 inch jelly roll pan; line with waxed paper and grease again. *Generously sprinkle 2 clean towels with powdered sugar.
- 2In a large bowl beat eggs at highest speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Reduce speed to low; add water. Gradually add cake mix; blend until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at highest speed. Spread 1/2 batter in each prepared pan. Bake one at a time on middle rack of oven or arrange oven racks to bake both cakes at same time. Bake at 350 for 14-15 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- 3Immediately once you have removed cakes from oven INVERT cake onto towel; carefully remove waxed paper. Starting at shorter end of cake, roll up cake in towel; cool completely while rolled up in towel.
- 4Carefully unroll cooled cake but do not lay flat; remove towel. Spread each cake with 1 quart ice cream; roll up loosely. Wrap each in foil; freeze until firm. To Serve, cut into 1 inch slices or larger; drizzle with fudge topping, a dollop of whipped cream, and Sprinkle with crushed candy cane. Store in freezer.
- 5This recipe makes 2 cake rolls..so if you would like you could fill each one with a different flavor of Ice cream. Use your imagination..and enjoy this delicious dessert just the way you like it!!!