(Peppermint) Ice Cream Cake Roll
I am suggesting for the Holiday's to use Peppermint Ice cream, and drizzle each slice with either Hot fudge topping or White Chocolate topping, a dollop of whipped cream..with a few sprinkles of crushed candy cane to top it off. Yum! Yum!
1pkg. devil's food cake mix
2quarts peppermint ice cream (8 cups)
1jar of hot fudge topping or white chocolate topping
·crushed peppermint candy
·whipped cream or ready made whip cream
How to Make (Peppermint) Ice Cream Cake Roll
- heat oven to 350. Grease two 15 X 10 inch jelly roll pan; line with waxed paper and grease again. *Generously sprinkle 2 clean towels with powdered sugar.
- In a large bowl beat eggs at highest speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Reduce speed to low; add water. Gradually add cake mix; blend until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at highest speed. Spread 1/2 batter in each prepared pan. Bake one at a time on middle rack of oven or arrange oven racks to bake both cakes at same time. Bake at 350 for 14-15 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- Immediately once you have removed cakes from oven INVERT cake onto towel; carefully remove waxed paper. Starting at shorter end of cake, roll up cake in towel; cool completely while rolled up in towel.
- Carefully unroll cooled cake but do not lay flat; remove towel. Spread each cake with 1 quart ice cream; roll up loosely. Wrap each in foil; freeze until firm. To Serve, cut into 1 inch slices or larger; drizzle with fudge topping, a dollop of whipped cream, and Sprinkle with crushed candy cane. Store in freezer.
- This recipe makes 2 cake rolls..so if you would like you could fill each one with a different flavor of Ice cream. Use your imagination..and enjoy this delicious dessert just the way you like it!!!