Peppermint-Filled Yule Log
Got to hand it to Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- 3 large
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/3 c
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 3 c
- peppermint ice cream
- 14 oz
- can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 2 oz
- unsweetened chocolate squares (1 oz. each)
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- peppermint extract
How to Make Peppermint-Filled Yule Log
- 1Heat oven to 350^.
Spray a 15x10-inch jelly roll pan with flour non stick cooking spray.
- 2Beat eggs and vanilla in a large bowl with mixer for 4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar. With mixer on low speed, beat in w/3 c. of water. Add flour and baking powder. Beat at low just until combined. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- 3Bake for 15-20 minutes until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately loosen edges from the pan. Turn out onto towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. ( I always cut the crust off the sides of the cake) ,then roll up towel and cake together, jelly-roll style, starting from a long side. Cool on wire rack. Unroll cake and remove towel.
- 4Stir ice cream just until softened. Spread over unrolled cake to within 1/2-inch of edges. Reroll. Diagonally cut 4-inch piece from an end. Place long roll on serving plate. Place cut edge of piece against side to resemble branch. Place in freezer while preparing frosting.
- 5Combine sweetened condensed milk and chocolate in heavy saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until chocolate melts and mixture thickens, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 3 Tablespoons water and peppermint extract. Cook, stirring rapidly, until mixture thickens again, 3 to 4 minutes. Cool 15 minutes or until mixture is thick enough to spread.
- 6Remove chilled cake from freezer and frost quickly. Return to freezer for 15 minutes. With fork, score wavy lines in frosting . Freeze at least 2 hours. Remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving.