★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 boxwhite cake mix
1 can(s)white frosting (not vanilla)
2 1/2 tsppeppermint extract, divided
3 largeeggs (or what is listed on cake mix box)
·oil (use the amount listed on cake mix box)
3/4 candes peppermint crunch baking chips or crushed peppermint candy
·additional peppermint candy, peppermint flavored sprinkles
How to Make Peppermint Cupcakes
- Preheat oven according to directions on cake mix box.
- Prepare cake mix per box instructions and add 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract to the cake mix batter. Mix well.
- Once cake mix has been prepared and mixed, add the Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips (or crushed peppermint candy) and gently fold until well blended.
- Place 1/3 to 1/2 cup of cake mix batter into 15 muffin cups. Bake for the time listed on the cake mix box.
- Remove cupcakes and let them cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, empty the contents of the frosting into a medium sized bowl. Add the 1 1/2 teaspoons of the peppermint extract and mix well.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, frost them and decorate with various peppermint flavored candies.