★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- white cake mix
- 1 can(s)
- white frosting (not vanilla)
- 2 1/2 tsp
- peppermint extract, divided
- 3 large
- eggs (or what is listed on cake mix box)
- oil (use the amount listed on cake mix box)
- 3/4 c
- andes peppermint crunch baking chips or crushed peppermint candy
- additional peppermint candy, peppermint flavored sprinkles
How to Make Peppermint Cupcakes
- 1Preheat oven according to directions on cake mix box.
- 2Prepare cake mix per box instructions and add 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract to the cake mix batter. Mix well.
- 3Once cake mix has been prepared and mixed, add the Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips (or crushed peppermint candy) and gently fold until well blended.
- 4Place 1/3 to 1/2 cup of cake mix batter into 15 muffin cups. Bake for the time listed on the cake mix box.
- 5Remove cupcakes and let them cool completely.
- 6While the cupcakes are cooling, empty the contents of the frosting into a medium sized bowl. Add the 1 1/2 teaspoons of the peppermint extract and mix well.
- 7Once the cupcakes have cooled, frost them and decorate with various peppermint flavored candies.