Straws Kitchen(*o *)
I have no idea who to give credit to for this recipe as there is no name on the kitchen towel...
**(this is not my original recipe, BUT, it is my towel and the photo was taken by ME)**
1 1/2 call-purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspsalt (i use sea salt)
1/2 cwhole milk
1 tspvanilla extract (i use my homemade vanilla)
1 tsppeppermint extract
1/2 cunsalted butter
1 csugar (i use stevia, splenda or truvia)
How to Make Peppermint Cupcakes
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add sugar.
- Add egg and egg whites until blended.
- Add half the flour mixture; mix until just blended.
- Add milk mixture; mix until just blended.
- Slowly add remaining flour mixture.
- Pour evenly into paper-lined muffin tins.
- Bake for approx. 25 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cupcakes cool before icing.
- NOTE by CinStraw:
I frost these with a peppermint flavored glaze and top (garnish) with crushed peppermint candy.
ALSO THE RECIPE ON THE TOWEL DOES NOT GIVE AN OVEN TEMPERATURE TO BAKE THESE CUPCAKES....SO, I'M ADDING THAT YOU BAKE IN A "PREHEATED 350°F OVEN".