Penny Peeler's Apple Pie Cake
1 boxduncan hines moist deluxe spice flavor cake mix
1 can(s)(21 ounce) comstock more fruit apple pie filling
1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
1your favorite recipe for cream cheese frosting
·cinnamon, to taste
How to Make Penny Peeler's Apple Pie Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish or pan.
- Pour apple pie mix into a bowl. Break up the large pieces. Place cake mix, 2 eggs, vanilla flavoring, and the apple pie filling in the bowl of a mixer. Mix about minute on low until ingredients are moistened. Mix on medium speed another minute or until well mixed. Be sure to scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Spread into prepared baking dish. Bake for about 35 minutes. Exact time depends on your oven and whether you use a glass baking dish or metal pan. Consult cake mix box for suggestions.
- Allow cake to cool. Top off with your choice of icing. I used cream cheese and added cinnamon to taste.
- Note: Do not add the ingredients listed on the cake mix box. Only use the ingredients I listed. The apple pie mix takes the place of the oil and water, and you only use 2 eggs instead of 3.