Pecan Wine Cake
- 1 2/3 c
- packed brown sugar
- 1 1/3 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 c
- butter , softened
- 3 2/3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- ground mace (i didn't have mace so i used allspice, or you could use nutmeg)
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 1/3 c
- fruity white wine (the recipe calls for wines like viansa frescolina tocai or imbianco barbera blanc) i used mascato
- 1 c
- pecans, coarsely chopped
How to Make Pecan Wine Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees. grease and lightly flour a 9 inch tube pan. In a medium bowl, stir together brown and granulated sugars. set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on med. to high speed for 30 seconds. Add half of the sugar mixture. beat on high speed about 6 minutes or until nice and smooth. scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- 3In another large bowl. beat eggs with a wire whisk about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Gradually whisk the remaining sugar mixture into beaten eggs. Continue whisking until mixture becomes smooth and creamy. Add egg mixture to butter mixture, whisking until smooth.
- 4In another bowl stir together flour, mace (or alspice or nutmeg) and salt.Alternately add flour mixture and wine to butter mixture, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition. Stir in pecans. Pour batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 5Bake for 1 3/4 to 2 hours or until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. remove cake from pan, cool completely on rack.
- 6Make-ahead tip: For best flavor, wrap and chill cake overnight before serving. Store in refridge. Do not freeze.