Or have it whenever just, because you like it!
Again this is from my Mader's German Cookbook! I love this little cookbook!!
6 ozpecans, ground
1 tspvanilla extract
1 qtfrozen vanilla custard
1/2 cbrown sugar
3/4 ccorn syrup, light
How to Make PECAN TORTE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two 9 inch can pans. Line pans with parchment paper and butter the paper and sides of pan.
- Beat eggs yolks until thick and lemon colored. While beating gradually add sugar and vanilla.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Do not over beat. Fold into egg along with pecans.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- bake for 25 minutes or until cake shrinks from sides of pans.
- Mix 1 quart frozen vanilla custard with 2 ounces of rum. I like to get the Custard fresh from Culver's Frozen Custard. Pack custard into a foil lined 9 inch cake pan. Freeze until time to serve.
- When ready to serve place one cake on serving tray. Put layer of rum custard on top. Top with other cake. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- Serve with butterscotch sauce that you have prepared ahead of time.
- Boil for one minute, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 3/4 cup corn syrup, 1 tablespoon butter, and 1 tablespoon water. When cool stir in 2 tablespoons of rum. Put sauce in a pitcher.
- Slice cake and serve with butterscotch sauce.