Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake
This is a favorite of mine. I have never used fresh pecans. I am excited to taste this with FRESH pecans!! Hope you can make it with fresh too!
10 Tbspunsalted butter, melt and cool
1 csour cream
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
3 Tbspunsalted butter
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 Tbspvanilla extract
1 cchopped pecans
How to Make Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9 inch springform pan that is at least 2 1/2 inches deep.
- Melt and cool butter. Add and blend: the next 3 ingredients.
- Then add and blend the sour cream.
- Blend dry ingredients together and add to sour cream mixture just until blended.
- Spread in well greased pan.
- Topping: Mix all ingredients together well and sprinkle over top of cake batter.
- Bake 60-70 minutes until test done with wooden pick. Cool 15-20 minutes. Loosen edges with knife. Remove sides. Cool completely.
Wrap with aluminum foil and let stand over night at room temperature.
This freezes well for up to 1 1/2 months.