How to Make Pecan Pound Cake
- 1Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 2Set aside about 1/4 cup flour.
- 3Combine remaining flour and soda.
- 4Add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition.
- 5Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- 6Dredge pecans in reserved flour, and fold into batter.
- 7Spoon batter into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan or bundt pan.
- 8Bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- 9Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.