How to Make Pecan Pound Cake
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Set aside about 1/4 cup flour.
- Combine remaining flour and soda.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Dredge pecans in reserved flour, and fold into batter.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan or bundt pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.