Peanut Butter Pound Cake
Anna Mae Kantor
I hope everyone enjoys it as much as we do.
I added cinnamon to my variation of it and I like it even more.
1 cbutter, softened
1 ccreamy peanut butter
3 cgranulated sugar
2 tsppure vanilla extract
3 ccake flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspground cinnamon
12 ozsemi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cheavy cream
How to Make Peanut Butter Pound Cake
- ****DO NOT PREHEAT THE OVEN****
Grease and sugar a 10" tube pan and set aside.
- In the large mixer bowl, cream the butter and peanut butter. Add the sugar and beat until it is light in color. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. The mixture should be light and fluffy . Add the vanilla.
- In a smaller bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk (beginning and ending with flour)
- Mix the batter until smooth and creamy. Pour into the prepared pan and place in the COLD oven. Set temperature to 325 degrees and bake until tester comes out clean or about 1 hour 25 minutes to 1 hour 35 minutes. Please note that all ovens are different so begin checking at 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Let cake cool in the pan for 20 minutes or so before turning it out onto a cooling rack to cool completely before icing.
Place cake on desired plate or cake saver.
Place the chocolate chips in a small mixing bowl. Heat the heavy cream in a heavy-bottomed saucepan until boiling stirring constantly so it doesn't scortch. Pour over the chocolate chips and stir until creamy and smooth. Let cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Brush any loose crumbs from the cake. Pour the icing s l o w l y and evenly over the cake allowing it to cascade and cover the cake. Let icing cool completely before serving.
- E N J O Y !!!