peanut butter gooey bars
1/2 cbutter, softened
1/2 cpeanut butter, crunchy
1/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/4 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
3/4 cpeanut butter, creamy
4 cmini marshmallows
1/2 cchocolate syrup
How to Make peanut butter gooey bars
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 13x9 baking pan liberally with nonstick baking spray or butter it well.
- To make the cookie base, combine the butter, crunchy peanut butter, sugar and egg in a mixing bowl.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to the creamed butter mixture. Beat until well blended. Chill in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Press the chilled dough in the preheated 350 oven for 17-20 minutes. Do not over bake. Cool for about 3 minutes.
- Place the creamy peanut butter in the microwave for about 1 minute. Pour this over the cookie crust. Top with the mini marshmallows.
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup over the top. Place back in the oven for about 5 minutes or until the marshmallows are just starting to brown lightly.
- Remove from oven and run a sharp knife around the edges to loosen. Cool completely and then cut with a sharp knife sprayed with nonstick cooking spray in 2 inch squares.