Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Layered Cheesecake
Sylwia Wojdyla Ohlrich
1 1/2 cgraham cracker crumbs
1/3 cplus 1 cup sugar, divided
1/3 chershey's cocoa
1/2 stickbutter or margarine, melted
2 pkg(8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 tspvanilla extract
3cartons (8 ounces each) sour cream
1 cmilk chocolate chips, divided
1 cpeanut butter chips, divided
1/2 tspshortening ( do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
How to Make Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Layered Cheesecake
- Heat oven to 325 F. Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup sugar. cocoa and melted butter in medium bowl. Press crumb mixture evenly onto bottom and about 1 1/2 inches up side of ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8 minutes; Cool slightly.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 F. Beat cream cheese, remaining 1 cup sugar and vanilla with electronic mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream; beat on low speed until blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Do not overbeat.
- Pour 2 cup filling into prepared crust. Reserve 1 tablespoon each milk chocolate chips and peanut butter chips for drizzle. Sprinkle remaining milk chocolate chips and peanut chocolate chips evenly over filling. Carefully spoon remaining filling over chips.
- Bake about 1 hour or until center is almost set. Remove from oven. Using knife, loosen cheesecake from side of pan. Cool on wire rack 30 minutes. Remove sides of pan; cool 1 hour.
- Combine shortening and reserved milk chocolate chips and peanut butter chips in small microwave bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Drizzle over cheesecake; over and refrigerate al least 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate leftover cheesecake.