PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE BARS
I MADE IT TONIGHT FOR MY FAMILY FIRST TIME AND THEY WENT CRAZY FOR IT. LOVED IT TOTALLY. ITS AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL.
IT'S LIKE THIS SALTY NUTTY SAVORY CRUNCH LAYERED BETWEEN AN ALMOND JOY AND A REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUP... A PERFECT MARRIAGE COMBINATION.
TRY THIS, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED.
- 1 pkg
- yellow or white cake mix
- 1 c
- peanut butter, creamy
- 1 stick
- 2 large
- 1 pkg
- 12 1/2 oz chocolate chips (milk chocolate or semi sweet)
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
- 2 tsp
How to Make PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE BARS
- 1Mix cake mix, peanut butter, the one stick of melted butter and two eggs together with electric mixer. Mixture will be really thick. Make sure to take a long handled spoon and mix up the stuff from the bottom of the bowl to be sure it is all mixed together. Take out 1 1/2 cups of this mixture and set aside. Take the remaining mixture and press into the bottom of a 9 X 13 inch pan by using your fingers. Press the dough all the way to the sides of the pan making a crust.
- 2Now make the next layer. In a heavy saucepan (I used a large microwave bowl) heat the sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips together until the chips are melted. Add in the 2 tbl. butter, coconut, chopped pecans and vanilla. Stir well. Pour this mixture over the crust, taking it out all the way to the edges.
- 3Now, take the reserved cake mixture and crumble it with your hands over the entire top of the bars. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown. Cool for 30 minutes before you cut into small pieces.
- 4I WILL NOTE THAT I BAKED MINE A LITTLE LONGER WHERE THY WOULD LOOK MORE GOLDEN AROUND THE EDGES. I BAKED ABOUT 30 TO 33 MINUTES.
ALSO, MAY BE EATEN HOT OR COLD. THEY WERE STILL OOEY AND GOOEY INSIDE.