Peanut Butter Cheesecake Squares
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This recipe was a big hit with everyone who tasted it. When you put peanut butter, chocolate AND cheesecake together, how can you go wrong?! I did end up upping the cream cheese amount to a full 8 oz. and it turned out really well. I'd recommend doing the same. The Test Kitchen
1 1/2 cgraham cracker crumbs
1/4 cshortening, butter flavor, melted
3 ozcream cheese, softened
1/4 cpeanut butter, creamy
1/2 cpeanuts, chopped (optional)
1/4 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tspshortening, butter flavor
How to Make Peanut Butter Cheesecake Squares
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- For base, combine crumbs and 3 tablespoons sugar in small bowl.
- Combine melted butter flavor shortening and one tablespoon milk.
- Stir into crumbs.
- Press lightly into 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 22 minutes.
- For filling, beat cream cheese and peanut butter in small bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup milk and egg.
- Beat well.
- Stir in chopped nuts.
- Spread over baked crust.
- Return to oven.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until set.
- For drizzle, melt chocolate chips and butter flavor shortening on very low heat or at 50% power in microwave.
- Stir to combine.
- Drizzle from end of spoon back and forth over top.
- Cut into 2 x 2-inch squares.
- Store in refrigerator.