Peaches N Crumb Cake
1 3/4 cunsifted flour
1 Tbspdry yeast
2 Tbspmargarine, softened
1/2 chot tap water
1egg at room temperature
1/4 cbrown sugar
1 can(s)16 oz. drained sliced peaches
·confectioners sugar frosting
How to Make Peaches N Crumb Cake
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, sugar,salt and undissolved yeast.
- Add 2 tablespoons softened margarine and hot tap water to dry ingredients. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed, scrape sides often
- Add egg and 1/2 cup flour, beat on high 2 minutes
- stir in 1/2 cup flour to make stiff batter
- spread in 9" greased baking pan.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cut in 2 tablespoons margarine until crumbly. Sprinkle over cake
- Arrange peach slices over top
- Cover and let rise 1 hour or until doubled in draft free, warm place.
- Bake 400 degrees 25 minutes or until done.
Cool in pan 10 minutes, then turn onto wire rack or serving platter ( I kept mine in baking dish)
- Drizzle with confectioners sugar frosting.