Peaches & Cream Cake
1 boxwhite cake mix
1 1/2 ccold water
1 pkgorange or apricot gelatin
3 cfresh peach slices
1 pkg3 oz. cream cheese
3 Tbspconfectioners' sugar
1 1/2 ccool whip style topping
How to Make Peaches & Cream Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake cake mix in 9 X 13 inch pan like usual. Cool. (I put mine in the fridge while I prepared the rest of the ingredients)
- In large saucepan, mix sugar & cornstarch; stir in cold water; bring to a boil and cook until thick; Whisk in gelatin and whisk until smooth. Set aside to cool a a little.
- Add drained peaches. (The original called for 2 cups but I like the top covered in peaches so I did 3 cups!) Put peach mixture in fridge to cool while finishing the rest.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar & milk until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spoon cool whip over the cake covering the top and making it as smooth as possible. Then spoon peach mixture over that. Don't worry the peach mixture is runny or watery. It will gel up in the fridge. Refrigerate until set firm--2 hours did it for me! Serves 12 of large pieces or 15 of smaller ones.