PB Cake with PB Frosting
How to Make PB Cake with PB Frosting
- Heat your oven to 350 and grease and flour a 10 x 15 cake pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients with an electric mixer; blend at low speed until crumbly.
- Add the next 5 ingredients and blend at low speed until everything is wet, then beat at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake, in the middle of your oven, for 35-40 minutes or until the toothpick test comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool (in the pan) for 10-15 minutes, then spread the frosting on the hot cake (recipe follows) and sprinkle one cup of mini-chocolate chips over the frosting.
- PEANUT BUTTER-HONEY FROSTING
1/2 CUP PEANUT BUTTER (CHUNKY)+ 2 TABLESPOONS HONEY + 1 TEASPOON VANILLA EXTRACT + 2 CUPS POWDERED SUGAR + 4 to 5 TABLESPOONS MILK
- Warm the peanut butter and honey in the microwave just until it gets soft and easy to stir, then add everything else and beat until smooth. Spread over hot cake and sprinkle with one cup of mini-chocolate chips.
- NOTE: As you can see from my photo, I double the frosting (but I stick to the one cup of mini-chocolate chips).