patty's 4th of july flag cup cakes
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- self rising flour
- 1 1/3 c
- tubs white frosting. tube of red frosting [to make fine lines for flag on cup cakes. they now have food coloring tiny markers you can use those as well]. blue food coloring.
- tiny white candy stars. [or you may use a pastry bag and dot with white frosting 4 stars.
- eggs [whenever a recipe calls for eggs, you use large eggs always. i always use extra large eggs or junbo eggs, that part is up to you.
- 1 tsp
- a little oil or margarine about 1/2 stick. [i like using olive oil it keeps cakes moist longer.]
How to Make patty's 4th of july flag cup cakes
- 1Combine flour and sugar well. Add eggs oil and vanilla. Mix well. Add about 1/2 cup whole milk slowly and stir while doing it. You do not want a thin batter. If batter is thin add a tablespoon flour to thicken it up or cake flour in place of reg flour.
- 2Beat with electric hand mixer til batter is smooth. Line cupcake pans with little cup cake papers. Pour about 3/4 full of batter in each cup in pan.
- 3Place in 350 preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes or til golden brown. It varies with ovens. Then take out and let cool before frosting.
- 4In a small bowl take and put a little over half a tub of frosting. Add blue food coloring. Mix until color is even all the way through. Frost all of each cup cake except for a corner where you frost with the blue frosting.
- 5Then take red tube of frosting or red food coloring pens and make the red stripes from blue frosting to end of cup cake. Then put tiny candy stars. [You may even be able to buy them at a bakery for not much] on corner with blue frosting. If you can't find tiny white stars take a pastry bag[or a zip lock baggie, and put a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag] fill with white frosting. Make tiny dots on blue frosting for stars.