★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 large
- papaya, halved, seeded, cubed
- 1 tsp
- lime peel, finely grated
- 1/4 c
- lime juice
- 1/4 c
- pound cake loaf, cut into 8 slices
- freshly ground nutmeg
- vanilla frozen yougurt
How to Make Papaya Shortcake
- 1Toss cubed papaya with grated lime peel, lime juice and honey in a large bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.
- 2Coat clean grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium direct heat. grill pund cake slices, toasting both sides.
- 3To assemble, place pound cake slice on on a plate and top with papaya mixture. Drizzle remaining lime juice mixture over fruit and cake. Top with grated nutmeg and frozen yogurt, sprinkle with additional grated lime zest and drizzle with additional honey.