Oven Broiled Cake
How to Make Oven Broiled Cake
- 1Prepare cake mix per directions on package. Pour into a greased 9" by 13" by 2 1/2" baking pan. Bake per package instructions.
- 2While cake is baking, prepare topping using the remaining ingredients. Place butter or margarine in a small sauce pan on low heat, add brown sugar, vanilla and milk and cook until well mixed and smooth. Add salt, nuts and coconut. stir until mixed then leave on very low heat until cake is done.
- 3Remove cake from the oven and spread topping mixture on top of cake.
- 4Turn on the oven broiler unit. Place cake back in oven and broil until lightly browned. Watch closely so as not to let the topping burn.
- 5Remove cake from oven and let cool before cutting.