My family and friends love it.
I will try to get a picture up in the future.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese ( 8 oz) (room temp)
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 pkg
- 16 oz - cool whip (mostly or fully thawed)
- oreo cookies (or other chocolate sandwich cookie)
- already prepared 8" or 9" layer cakes preferably devil's food
How to Make Oreo Icing
- 1Mix cream cheese and sugar until sugar is fully incorporated and not grainy. You can use a hand mixer, stand mixer, or do it by hand.
- 2Next, fold cool whip into cream cheese/sugar mixture. Make sure that it is all the same consistency with no large lumps of cream cheese mixture.
- 3Break up cookies into small pieces.(Do not pulverize the cookies into a powder. You also don't want huge chunks. You want to be able to have small chunks in the icing.) I find that crunching the cookies up by hand works best and you can control how small you break up the pieces.
- 4Add the cookies to the Icing. Mix together until cookies are evenly distributed and no longer.
- 5Ice your cake, slice and enjoy. and if you have extra Icing it's great to eat by itself or on top of oreo cookies.