1 1/2 coreo cookie crumbs (about 18 cookies, finely chopped)
2 Tbspmelted butter
1 1/2 lbcream cheese
8 ozsour cream
5oreo cookies (coarsely chopped for the batter)
7coarsely chopped oreo cookies, for the top of cheesecake.
How to Make Oreo Cheesecake
Mix melted butter with Oreo crumbs and press in the bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan.
Cover bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides with crumbs.
Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- All ingredients need to be at room temperature before beginning.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Keep mixer on a low setting during the mixing and beating process.
- Add sugar gradually and continue beating cream cheese until mixed through.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and continue to beat until blended.
- Sir vanilla, salt and flour into cream cheese and egg mixture.
- Add the sour cream.
- Turn off the mixer and gently stir in the 5 coarsely chopped Oreo cookies with a spoon.
- Pour the mixture into a springform pan; top with the 7 remaining coarsely chopped cookies.
- Place pan on top rack and in the middle of a preheated oven at 325 degrees and bake for 75 minutes.
- Turn off the oven; prop the door open several inches and let the cheesecake stay in the oven for 1 hour.
- Cool on wire rack.
- When cool, refrigerate.