Photo adapted from Food.com.
- 1 1/2 c
- Oreo cookie crumbs (about 18 cookies, finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 1 1/2 lb
- cream cheese
- 1 c
- eggs, large
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 tsp
- 1/4 c
- 8 oz
- sour cream
- )reo cookies (coarsely chopped for the batter)
- coarsely chopped Oreo cookies, for the top of cheesecake.
How to Make Oreo Cheesecake
Mix melted butter with Oreo crumbs and press in the bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan.
Cover bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides with crumbs.
Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2All ingredients need to be at room temperature before beginning.
- 3Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- 4Keep mixer on a low setting during the mixing and beating process.
- 5Add sugar gradually and continue beating cream cheese until mixed through.
- 6Add eggs, one at a time, and continue to beat until blended.
- 7Sir vanilla, salt and flour into cream cheese and egg mixture.
- 8Add the sour cream.
- 9Turn off the mixer and gently stir in the 5 coarsely chopped Oreo cookies with a spoon.
- 10Pour the mixture into a springform pan; top with the 7 remaining coarsely chopped cookies.
- 11Place pan on top rack and in the middle of a preheated oven at 325 degrees and bake for 75 minutes.
- 12Turn off the oven; prop the door open several inches and let the cheesecake stay in the oven for 1 hour.
- 13Cool on wire rack.
- 14When cool, refrigerate.