1 boxwhite or yellow cake mix 18oz.
1 stickbutter, melted
2 tsppure vanilla extract
1 pkgoreo cookies
1 largecontainer cool whip topping
1 stickbutter, melted and cooled
1 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Oreo Cake
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- grease and flour ( 2 ) 9 inch round or square cake pans. set aside.
- put eggs and all liquid ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- slowly stir until everything is combined.
- add the dry cake ingredients and mix until well combined.
- pour your batter into the prepared cake pans as evenly as possible.
- bake in oven for approximately 28 minutes. until the layers begin to pull away from pan edges and a light touch in center springs back.
- remove from oven to a cooling rack. let pans cool for 10 minutes.
- Turn layers out of the pans and allow to completely cool.
- break up half or more of the whole cookies to sprinkle between the layers and put around the outsides. cut in half however many you want for the top and set aside.
- Melt and cool butter. Stir cooled butter and vanilla extract into thawed Cool Whip. Stir to combine well.
- to assemble the cake.
- place 1 layer onto a plate and spread Cool Whip Frosting over top.
- frost top and sides with Cool Whip Frosting. Put crushed cookies around sides. Cut cookie halves on top.