☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 csugar, divided
6 Tbsporange juice
4 1/2 tsporange peel
1 3/4 call purpose flour
3/4 cconfectioners sugar
How to Make Orange Tea Cake
- Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until thick and lemon colored. Beat in orange juice and peel.
- Sift together flour and salt; add to egg yolk mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold a fourth of the egg whites into the batter, fold in remaining whites.
- Gently spoon into a greased 10" tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets.
- Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350* for 30-35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert pan onto a wire rack; cool completely about 1 hour. Run a knife around sides and center of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. Dust with confectioners sugar