Orange Sponge Cake With Sauce by Freda
My Grandmother was famous for Having stale Cake, and Making it Like fresh by making all kinds of toppings from little or Nothing, with just a little flavorings.
This Hint of Orange Sponge cake brings back those memories.
The Orange Toppin just tops it off perfectly.
Cake Freezes well.
ORANGE SPONGE CAKE
1/8 Corange juice
·rind of 2 large oranges, (navel) set oranges aside to use in sauce.
1 TBSbaking powder
1 TBSorange flavoring or liquor
2reserved oranges, peeled and cut in chunks
1/4 Corange juice
How to Make Orange Sponge Cake With Sauce by Freda
- Preheat Oven @ 325
Grease and flour bottom of 8 X 8 pan.
Read Instructions First, & look at Steps in photos above, for Suggested Help.
- Beat Egg Whites on high till stiff.
Yolks, one at a time, beating after each.
- Add; Sugar, and grated Orange rind, and Juice, continue mixing. Til well blended
- Fold in Flour mixed with baking Pdr. & salt.
(Be sure it is FOLDED in gently.)
- Bake in 325 oven, 40-45 min.
in small sauce pan, over med Heat,
add all ingredients except oranges.
Bring to a boil Orange Juice, cornstarch and sugar.
Add Oranges last just to heated thru.
Sauce should be thickened slightly.
Remove from Heat.
- To Serve; Slice cake, place in dessert plate and Pour "Hot Sauce" over Cake, Top with whip cream or Cream.
Enjoy a piece of History.