ORANGE SODA CREAMSICLE CAKE
Jo Anne Sugimoto
I am planning to use my mom's recipe to make cake pops, or orange truffles!
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix
- 1 can(s)
- orange soda
- 1/4 c
- 1 pkg
- 3 oz. orange-flavored gelatin
- 3/4 c
- boiling water
- 1 c
- cold water
- 1 jar(s)
- vanilla frosting
- packet orange kool-aid
How to Make ORANGE SODA CREAMSICLE CAKE
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep a 9x13-inch pan with non-stick spray.
- 2Prepare the cake mix in a large mixing bowl, using eggs, orange soda and oil.
- 3Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until cake springs back when lightly touched and starts to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- 4Remove from the oven to a wire rack to cool completely. Using a wooden chopstick, poke small holes through to the bottom of the pan, all over the cake.
- 5In a small bowl, dissolve a box of orange gelatin with boiling water, mix well. Add cold water and mix well.
- 6Slowly pour the orange gelatin mixture over the cake, making sure that the mixture gets into all the holes.
- 7Cover and chill for 2 to 4 hours.
- 8In a medium bowl, combine the vanilla frosting and the orange kool-aid and mix well.
- 9Frost the cake.