Orange Rolo Cupcakes
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The addition of orange peel in the mix really bumps up the flavor in these terrific cupcakes. But the real delight is when you reach the Rolo in the middle. It is such a great surprise - a definite treat! The Test Kitchen
- 1 box
- orange Duncan Hines cake mix
- 1 Tbsp
- grated orange peel
- unwrapped Rolo candy (frozen)
- Rolo candy (not-frozen)
- 1 c
- (2 sticks) butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- orange extract
- 1 lb
- 10x confectioner sugar (sifted)
- 1 -2 tsp
- whipping cream (or milk, or half n’ half)
How to Make Orange Rolo Cupcakes
- 1Make cake mix according to package directions.
- 2Place a frozen Rolo in the bottom of each cupcake paper.
- 3Pour cake batter over frozen Rolo (2/3 full).
- 4Bake at 350 for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 5Allow to cool and then ice with icing recipe below.
- 6For icing, cream all the icing ingredients together until fluffy.
- 7Top each cupcake with a Rolo on top of icing, then decorate. Make sure you put sprinkles on before icing dries.