Orange Rolo Cupcakes
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The addition of orange peel in the mix really bumps up the flavor in these terrific cupcakes. But the real delight is when you reach the Rolo in the middle. It is such a great surprise - a definite treat! The Test Kitchen
1 boxorange Duncan Hines cake mix
1 Tbspgrated orange peel
24unwrapped Rolo candy (frozen)
24Rolo candy (not-frozen)
1 c(2 sticks) butter (room temperature)
1 tsporange extract
1 lb10x confectioner sugar (sifted)
1 -2 tspwhipping cream (or milk, or half n’ half)
How to Make Orange Rolo Cupcakes
- Make cake mix according to package directions.
- Place a frozen Rolo in the bottom of each cupcake paper.
- Pour cake batter over frozen Rolo (2/3 full).
- Bake at 350 for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and then ice with icing recipe below.
- For icing, cream all the icing ingredients together until fluffy.
- Top each cupcake with a Rolo on top of icing, then decorate. Make sure you put sprinkles on before icing dries.