Orange Pound Cake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbpowdered sugar
2 Tbsporange rind, grated
3 1/2 call purpose sifted flour
1/4 corange juice
1 capricot jam, strained
2 Tbsporange peel, finely shredded
How to Make Orange Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy; gradually add sifted sugar and rind and cream thoroughly.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Sift the flour before measuring, then combine the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add sifted dry ingredients to butter mixture; add orange juice and combine thoroughly.
- Turn into buttered and floured 10-inch tube pan; bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and cake is golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then turn onto wire rack and cool thoroughly; brush with jam and top with orange peel.
- NOTES: If you try to make a pound cake with margarine or shortening you will end up with a tasteless mess. Butter is the major taste in a pound cake; even if it weren't, butter and margarine have different properties in baking, and this recipe is adjusted for butter.
- TIP: Don't make this cake if you don't have an electric mixer or very strong wrists. I figure I spend nearly half an hour beating butter and such when I make this cake. Also, this cake is easier to handle if you have a tube pan that comes apart into two pieces.