★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 cbutter, softened
1 Tbsporange peel, grated
1 Tbsppoppy seeds
2 Tbsplemon juice
2 Tbsporange juice
How to Make Orange Poppy Seed Cake
- Set the oven to the lowest rack, and preheat to 350.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Mix flour, poppy seeds and salt together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and eggs, one at a time.
- Beat well until light and fluffy and the batter has increased in size.
- Fold in the flour mixture, one third at a time.
- Pour into the pan.
- Bake 60 minutes or until lightly browned.
- If the cake browns too quickly shield with foil the last 10 minutes.
- Cool pan on rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan, and cool and then brush with the glaze.
- Let the cake stand 1-2 days for the best flavor.