ORANGE DREAMSICLE CAKE
1 pkgyellow cake mix
1 largepkg. instant orange jello [sugar free]
1 1/2 cboiling water
1 1/2 ccold water
1 smallpkg. vanilla instant pudding [sugar free]
1 c2% milk
2 tspvanilla extract
1 smallpkg. instant orange jello [sugar free]
18 oz. container cool whip, thawed [fat-free, if you prefer]
How to Make ORANGE DREAMSICLE CAKE
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly spray a 9x13 pan/dish
- 2. Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions.
Bake 25-35 minutes, depending how hot your oven runs.
- 3. Take out and cool about 15 minutes.
- 4. With the end of a wooden spoon poke holes in cake about one inch apart. [I prefer to use a meat fork as to poke holes all around the edges, plus you'll get more Jello into the cake]
- 5. In a bowl, whisk the large pkg. Jello into the boiling water until well mixed, about 2 minutes. Then stir in the cold water.
- 6. Pour the jello evenly all over the cake.
Refrigerate the cake at least 4 hours, preferably overnite.
- 7. After it sets up, then make the frosting for the cake.
- 8. In a bowl, whisk together the dry pudding and jello mixes.
- 9. Pour in the milk and vanilla and whisk about 2 minutes or until it thickens.
- 10. Fold in the Cool Whip. - Frost the cake.
Most any other flavor of Jello could be used, lemon, lime, strawberry, raspberry, etc.