Orange Creamsicle Cake
1(18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
1(1/4 ounce) package orange unsweetened kool-aid powdered drink mix
1/3 cvegetable oil
2(3 ounce) packages orange flavor gelatin, divided
1 cboiling water
1 ccold water
1/2 ccold milk
1(3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
1(8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
How to Make Orange Creamsicle Cake
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake and drink mixes, eggs, 1 cup water and oil.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into an ungreased 13-in. X 9-in. X 2-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Using a meat fork, poke holes in top of cake.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, dissolve one package of gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in cold water.
- Pour over top of cake.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup milk, vanilla, pudding mix and remaining gelatin; Beat on low for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes; fold in whipped topping.
- Frost cake.