Orange Creamsicle Cake
- (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- (1/4 ounce) package orange unsweetened kool-aid powdered drink mix
- 1 c
- 1/3 c
- vegetable oil
- (3 ounce) packages orange flavor gelatin, divided
- 1 c
- boiling water
- 1 c
- cold water
- 1/2 c
- cold milk
- (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
How to Make Orange Creamsicle Cake
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine cake and drink mixes, eggs, 1 cup water and oil.
- 2Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 3Pour into an ungreased 13-in. X 9-in. X 2-in. baking pan.
- 4Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 5Using a meat fork, poke holes in top of cake.
- 6Cool in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, in a bowl, dissolve one package of gelatin in boiling water.
- 8Stir in cold water.
- 9Pour over top of cake.
- 10Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 11In a mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup milk, vanilla, pudding mix and remaining gelatin; Beat on low for 2 minutes.
- 12Let stand for 5 minutes; fold in whipped topping.
- 13Frost cake.