Orange Cream Cheese Stuffed Biscuit Cake
Note:Photos borrowed from the internet.
**Original recipe is from the Plummerville Homecoming Cookbook, 1994, and the recipe credit goes to Merritt L. Crawford.**
1/2 cchopped pecans
1 Tbspgrated orange rind
2 can(s)(11 oz./ea.) buttermilk biscuits
1 pkg(3 oz.) cream cheese, cut into 20 squares
1/2 cbutter, melted
1 csifted powdered sugar
2 Tbsporange juice
How to Make Orange Cream Cheese Stuffed Biscuit Cake
- Combine sugar, pecans and orange rind in a small bowl. Put melted butter in a separate bowl. Separate each biscuit in half.
- Put a piece of cream cheese in the center of one half and cover with remaining half, pinching sides together. Dip in butter and dredge in sugar mixture.
- Stand each finished biscuit on edge in a lightly greased 12 cup (10 inch) bundt pan, spacing evenly. Drizzle with remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a wire rack. Combine powdered sugar and orange juice.
- Spoon over warm cake. Serve while warm.