Orange & Cranberry Cake
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 3 large
- 2 c
- 2 stick
- unsalted butter at room temp. cut into cubes
- 1 c
- zest of 3 oranges
- 1/2 c
- fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2/3 c
- of dried cranberries
- 1 c
- confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 c
- of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tsp
- of orange zest
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, melted
How to Make Orange & Cranberry Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. and grease and flour a 10" bundt pan.
- 2Place the eggs, sugar and orange zest into a food processor fitted with a large bowl and process until thick and creamy.
- 3Add the buttermilk and orange juice and process for 10 seconds to combine.
- 4Reserve 1 tablespoon of the flour, and sift in the remaining flour, baking soda and salt. Pulse until combined scraping down the bowl as needed.
- 5Mix cranberries with the reserved flour and then using a rubber spatular mix into the cake batter.
- 6Bake for 70 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cake rack
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- 8Using a cake tester or skewer pierce the cake all with little holes all over to allow the glaze to seep into the cake.
- 9Brush the glaze over the cake until all the glaze is used. Leave the cake to cool completely before serving.
This recipe is from Honest cooking