- 1/2 pkg. refrigerated all ready pie crusts (1 crust)
- 1 large naval orange
- 1 pkg. cream cheese, softened, 8 oz
- 1 container ricotta cheese, 15 oz
- 1 can (8.5 oz) or 1 cup (from a 15 to 16 oz size) can cream of coconut
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup flaked or shredded coconut, toasted
How to Make Orange coconut Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 450. Unfold pie crust as pkg. label directs. Press out fold lines. Patch any cracks. Sprinkle crust with flour and roll to a 12 inch circle. Invert piecrust into a 9 to 10 inch fluted cake pan with removable bottom 9or a 9 inch pie plate) pressing crust against bottom and side of pan. (or in pie plate, fold crust edge under to make a 1/2 inch high rim, and crimp decoratively). Pout on cookie sheet. Bake 7 minutes or just til crust begins to brown.
- 2Meanwhile, grate 1 tsp. peel from orange. Reserve orange for garnish. In bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese and ricotta til smooth. Beat in cream of coconut and orange peel.
- 3Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just til they are mixed. Remove cookie sheet with crust from oven and reduce oven temperature to 350. Pour cheese filling into crust; carefully return to oven. Bake 50 minutes til cheesecake is puffed and center is set but still soft (if needed, cover loosely with foil after 30 minutes to prevent over browning. Cool cheesecake on wire rack. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Before serving, with sharp knife, cut off and discard all remaining peel and white part from reserved orange. Carefully cut along each membrane to remove orange sections Remove side of pan from cheesecake. Put cake on serving plate. Sprinkle coconut evenly over top. Garnish with orange sections. 360 calories per serving. Note: To toast coconut, heat in heavy skillet, stirring frequently til lightly browned. Or toast on baking sheet in 350 oven, stirring occasionally about 15 minutes or til coconut is lightly browned. Serves 10
My Old Recipes