ORANGE BUNDT CAKE
IT'S A GOOD YUMMY MOIST CAKE !!
1 boxDUNCAN HINES YELLOW CAKE MIX
1 boxVANILLA INSTANT PUDDING, (SMALL BOX)
1 cORANGE JUICE ( REFRIGERATED IN CARTON OR BOTTLE, BRAND DOESN'T MATTER GIVEN THE SUGAR AND OTHER STUFF YOU ARE ADDING )
1/2 cOIL (I USE CRISCO VEG. OIL)
1/2 cFINELY CHOPPED PECANS
How to Make ORANGE BUNDT CAKE
- GREASE AND FLOUR THE BOTTOM OF A BUNDT CAKE PAN --THEN PUT CHOPPED PECANS IN THE BOTTOM OF THE PAN.
SET THIS ASIDE
- IN SEPERATE BOWL, MIX THE REMAINING INGREDIENTS TOGETHER AND POUR THEM OVER THE PECANS IN THE BUNDT PAN.
- PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 325 DEGREES
BAKE CAKE FOR 50- 60 MINUTES.
- WHILE THE CAKE IS COOKING YOU NEED TO PUT TOGETHER AND COOK THE FOLLOWING GLAZE MIXTURE.
- GLAZE RECIPE:
1 STICK BUTTER , 1 CUP SUGAR, 1/2 CUP ORANGE JUICE
BOIL THIS MIXTURE FOR TWO (2) minutes---(pour this over cake when you remove it from the oven).
- Notes: Cut a few slits in the cake or stick toothpicks in the warm cake so this glaze will go into the cake.
- Let cake sit for 30 minutes then turn upside down on plate and cake will fall out onto the plate.
- Tips: I usually pull the cake away from the sides of the pan with a knife so the glaze can go down into the pan . It seems to come out easier after it has cooled.
This cake is better the longer it stands. It taste better when served at room temperature, but you may want to put it in the refrigerator the next morning after baking (due to the juice and the
butter used) and then take it out a little while each time before you serve it.