ORANGE BUNDT CAKE
IT'S A GOOD YUMMY MOIST CAKE !!
- 1 box
- DUNCAN HINES YELLOW CAKE MIX
- 1 box
- VANILLA INSTANT PUDDING, (SMALL BOX)
- 1 c
- ORANGE JUICE ( REFRIGERATED IN CARTON OR BOTTLE, BRAND DOESN'T MATTER GIVEN THE SUGAR AND OTHER STUFF YOU ARE ADDING )
- 1/2 c
- OIL (I USE CRISCO VEG. OIL)
- 4 large
- 1/2 c
- FINELY CHOPPED PECANS
How to Make ORANGE BUNDT CAKE
- 1GREASE AND FLOUR THE BOTTOM OF A BUNDT CAKE PAN --THEN PUT CHOPPED PECANS IN THE BOTTOM OF THE PAN.
SET THIS ASIDE
- 2IN SEPERATE BOWL, MIX THE REMAINING INGREDIENTS TOGETHER AND POUR THEM OVER THE PECANS IN THE BUNDT PAN.
- 3PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 325 DEGREES
BAKE CAKE FOR 50- 60 MINUTES.
- 4WHILE THE CAKE IS COOKING YOU NEED TO PUT TOGETHER AND COOK THE FOLLOWING GLAZE MIXTURE.
- 5GLAZE RECIPE:
1 STICK BUTTER , 1 CUP SUGAR, 1/2 CUP ORANGE JUICE
BOIL THIS MIXTURE FOR TWO (2) minutes---(pour this over cake when you remove it from the oven).
- 6Notes: Cut a few slits in the cake or stick toothpicks in the warm cake so this glaze will go into the cake.
- 7Let cake sit for 30 minutes then turn upside down on plate and cake will fall out onto the plate.
- 8Tips: I usually pull the cake away from the sides of the pan with a knife so the glaze can go down into the pan . It seems to come out easier after it has cooled.
This cake is better the longer it stands. It taste better when served at room temperature, but you may want to put it in the refrigerator the next morning after baking (due to the juice and the
butter used) and then take it out a little while each time before you serve it.